Rhonda Fleming was born Marilyn Louis, in Hollywood, in 1923. Her mother, Effie Graham, had previously been a model and stage actress and her father was in the insurance business.
Fleming debuted for Republic Pictures in 1943, at the age of 20. She went on to appear in 45 feature films through 1980.
Fleming married six times:
- Thomas Lane Jr., 1940-1948, one child, divorced. Her son became the actor Kent Lane;
- Dr. Lewis Morrill, 1952-1958, divorced;
- Lang Jeffries, actor, 1960-1962, divorced;
- Hall Bartlett, producer/director/writer, 1966-1972, divorced;
- Ted Mann, owner of Mann Theatres, 1978-2001, widowed;
- Darol Carlson, 2003-2017, widowed.
She passed away in Santa Monica, California, in 2020, at the age of 97.