Last revised: 04.20.2020
1. Information We Collect
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, access various content or features, submit comments and other content or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- User name and password;
- Demographic information such as age and gender;
- Search queries;
- Stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting our Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within our Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters and information you request and respond to or correspondence that we receive from you;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- Provide subscribers with premium content, products, promotions, and information;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of our Services;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Process employment applications and inquiries; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect:
- Corporate Parents, Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host our Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platforms, perform analyses or send communications for us.
- Select Business Partners. We may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. However, Velour is not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of our Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through our Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics. Local Shared Objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash Cookies”) are similar to standard cookies except that they can be larger and are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash media player. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our Services may no longer be available to you.
Velour does not share information that it collects with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
4. Data Security
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of our Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
5. Children's Privacy
Our Services do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
6. Social Networking Services
Velour has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
8. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
9. International Users
Please note that our Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, Velour commits to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
It is our policy not to share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, Velour currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
11. Communication Preferences
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 10 business days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any subscription you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
12. Contact Us